Tuition and Fees
- Tuition is based on a full year (September to June) excluding studio breaks.
- Minimum payment due in upon registration: First month
- Options include nine payments on the 1st of each month, three payments, or one payment. Cash payment is only accepted for three term payments or one single payment.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Debit, cheques, E-Transfer or cash.
- Paying in 9 installments requires postdated cheques or postdated credit payments. ALL cheques are required before registration can be completed.
Please contact the studio for a fee calculation so that discounts may be applied
DISCOUNTS (where applicable)
- Family Discount: 5% to 20%
- Multi- Class Discount: 5% to 20%
- Early Registration Discount 3%
- Referral Discount: 50% of friends first months payment credited to YOU!
1) Liability: The Dance Academy of Prince Rupert, its’ proprietor, or those in its’ employ are not liable for any injury, sickness or disability which occurs due to the physical activity of dance; any loss of or damage to personal property, whether it be at the studio, competition, event or travel. I exempt, release and indemnify the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert and any and all persons related to the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert from any and all liability claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever from any damage, loss or physical injury to myself or my participating minor child.
2) Tuition: Tuition fees can be paid in 1, 3 or 9 payments by cheque, Visa, and/or Mastercard. Please note – Cash or debit must be paid in 3 term payments. The 9 payment option is an equal divide of fees, not a monthly fee, and does not correspond to how many classes are in a month. If tuition fees are not paid when due the student will be removed from classes until the account is settled. For emergencies, please contact the bookkeeper so arrangements can be made. All costume deposits are due at registration. There is a $25 charge for returned cheques. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts. If the student’s surname is different from the surname on the cheque please write the student’s name in the memo section on the cheque.
3) Voluntary termination: One month’s written notice is required ( email is acceptable). One month from the receipt of the letter will be charged as an administration fee, the remaining tuition will be returned to you. It is the students choice if they wish to finish out the month after their notification. If a class is cancelled by the Academy a full refund of the remaining tuition, will be issued.
4) Costumes: Costumes will be held if your account is not settled. Dancers will be measured for costumes in Sep/Oct and costumes will be ordered in Nov. You can expect to be invoiced sometime in February to April.
5) Extra Fees: Throughout the year there may be extra fees (mostly for intensive students) such as exam fees, choreography fees, workshop fees, group entry fees, etc. These fees are required to be paid in advance of the service. Please note – Exam and Workshop fees often depend on student involvement, so you may still be responsible for the fee even if you are unable to participate.
6) Release of Information: I hereby give the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert permission to release my personal contact details to staff and parent volunteers for the purpose of contacting me regarding my participation in the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert.
7) Advertisements: I hereby give the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert permission to use my/my child’s photo and name for the purpose of advertising in the local newspaper, flyers, website and facebook page.
8) Communication: The Dance Academy of Prince Rupert has a green policy. Schedules, notices, invoices, and statements of account are emailed whenever possible. If you do not have email or do not wish to be communicated with via email, it is your responsibility to check the notice board in the foyer of the Academy every Monday.
9) Overdue Accounts: If you are in arrears in your DAPR fees, please do not send you child/children to class until your account is up to date. Student classes will be suspended until accounts are up to date.
By registering with the Dance Academy of Prince Rupert you agree that you have read, acknowledge, understand and agree to these Terms of Agreement.