If you or your child are interested in more information regarding our Competitive Dance program please contact our office to schedule a private appointment.
Ages 6 to 18
This program is committed to helping your child strive for excellence in dance The DAPR Dance Team was created to develop performance skills in talented, dedicated and hardworking students. Students participating in this program will show a dedicated interest in dance and a desire to be the best they can be. Dance comes second only to school and important family events.
Competitive Required Classes
Ballet:Primary and Grade One –two ballet classes
Ballet: Grade Two and Up – two ballet classes and two jazz classes
Jazz:Primary and Grade One –two jazz classes
Jazz: Grade Two and Up – two ballet classes and two jazz classes
Song & Dance only: Song & Dance class and two jazz classes.
Song and Dance– 2 ballet and two jazz classes, one song & dance class
Tap: One Tap class, two ballet and two jazz classes
Hip Hop only: Two separate hip hop classes and one jazz class
Hip Hop: Hip Hop class, two ballet, and two jazz classes
Modern: Modern class, two ballet, and two jazz classes
Acrobatics: Acrobatic class, two ballet and two jazz classes
A competitive dancer will have:
A commitment to:
- Travel to out-of-town festivals and attend the BC Annual Dance Competition
- Attend extra rehearsals.
- To take exams.
- To attend summer school and extra workshops.
- Being an exemplary student: with exemplary grooming, behavior and attendance
- To take the required classes **please see below
- Participate in extra events/ community performances
An opportunity to:
- Multiple performance opportunities at festivals, competitions, and community events
- Multiple use of costumes and choreography
- Benefit of choreography and classes with out-of-town choreographers
- Travel as a team, work as a team, dance as a team
- Win bursaries and scholarships from Festivals, competitions and Examination Boards
- Perform on stage in our Year End Showcase
- Perform as a soloist and duet