When you enter the lobby……shhhhhhh! Noise in the lobby easily travels into the studio! In consideration of classes in session or instructors doing prep work, please keep noise to a minimum—thank you.
- It is required you arrive and are ready no later than 15 minutes prior to your first class. Arriving late or just on time is not acceptable and causes an unfair disruption to the class. Preschool only need to arrive 5 minutes early.
First Class of the Day
- The studio door will open 5 minutes prior to the first class of the day. If you arrive any earlier than this please remain in the lobby until the instructor opens the doors. If the door is closed the instructor may be inside doing prep work. Please do not knock on the door, they will open the door at the correct time.
- It is expected of you to use the time before your class to stretch and warm up. With everyone warm and ready to go more class time can be used for beneficial instruction.
- Please be sure to clean up behind yourself in the lounge area, change room/washroom and studio – take ALL of your belongings with you!
- As we have many students wearing the same dress code, please take the time to write your student’s name on their belongings (including shoes). It is very easy to pick up the wrong bodysuit, shoe, tights, etc.
- are NOT ALLOWED IN CLASS. There is a drop box for any phones during class time.
- If you choose to bring money/electronics/jewelry to the studio please know that DAPR is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items. Valuables may be stored above the sound system in the main studio for the duration of a class. Please be sure to collect it when you are done.
Lost and Found
- There is a dance shoe lost and found outside of the office door. Clothing & misc lost and found is located in the girls change room. All socks and undergarments left behind will immediately be thrown away. Lost and found will be donated to the Salvation Army every 3 months so be sure to check it regularly. Please do not expect the office to send out emails requesting parents/students to search for missing items. We have done this in the past but this is now against policy. Please feel welcome to personally check the studio and lost & found for your missing items as well as posting your own notification on one of our bulletin boards.
- As a sign of respect, female instructors are to be addressed with the title “Ms” such as “Ms Shannon”, including all student instructors and guest instructors.
- Please show your courtesy to your instructor and be sure to thank them at the end of each class.
- Respect & consideration of others by Staff, Students & Parents is expected at all times.
Students are expected to be helpful, polite & respectful at all times.
- DAPR has zero tolerance for disrespect, negativity and/or badmouthing of your fellow students or studio. We are all a team and need to build up and encourage one another as a team.
- DAPR TEAM is for the dedicated dancer and requires a high level of commitment from our students and parents. Arriving on time, prepared to give 100% in every class and being supportive of each other is essential for you & your teammates’ success and achievement.
- If you are too ill to attend class please email the studio or call and DAPR staff to leave a message explaining your absence. This will be passed on to the instructor.
- Unless you are ill regular attendance is mandatory. Missed classes not only put you behind in your class but takes time away from other students during your next class when time has to be spent re-teaching what you have missed.
- Please ensure as a DAPR TEAM member to apprise yourself of the repercussions of missed classes.
Just a reminder that is expected all students are in proper dress code for every class, including hair.
Please review the complete dress code and attire that can be found here
- Scheduled studio closures are factored into class tuition and are not subject to a make up class. Please review your Dance Calendar carefully – any changes will be updated on website and/or studio bulletin board and our regularly updated calendar which will be posted on the DAPR website for a list of scheduled closures (subject to change). This includes Statutory Holidays.
- Classes cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control such as extreme weather, power outage, teacher illness, etc will not have a scheduled make up class.
- DAPR TEAM classes that have been cancelled or changed due to choreography or exams will not be made up. DAPR Team has a multitude of extra classes and stage time.
- Throughout the season there will be many important notices emailed home, posted in the studio, or posted on the DAPR website. It is up to you to stay informed. Please take the time to read your emails, come into the studio to view the information board or review the website. Always feel free to call/email if you think you may be missing information. Failure to be informed can lead to potential problems.
WATER & SNACKS
- Please ensure you send your child prepared for their class with sufficient water and healthy snacks (dependent on length of class). No junk food please. It is important to bring these items to class in advance to avoid disruptions with parents dropping off food in between sessions.
- Please remind your child to bring home their water bottles and storage containers home with them. If left behind they will be recycled unless they are clearly marked with a name.