If you or your child are interested in more information regarding our Demi-Competitive Dance program please contact our office to schedule a private appointment.
Ages 6 to 18
The DAPR Demi-Team was created as an alternative to the DAPR Dance team for families who cannot fully commit to competitive dance training. It will strive to develop performance skills in the same manner as the Dance team. Students participating in this program will show a dedicated interest in dance and a desire to be the best they can be.
Demi-Competitive Required Classes
Ballet: two ballet classes and a separate choreography class
Jazz: two jazz classes and a separate choreography class
Tap: one Tap class, one jazz class, and a separate choreography class
Song & Dance: one Song & Dance class, one jazz class, and a separate choreography class
Acrobatics: one Acro class, one jazz class, and a separate choreography class
Hip Hop: one Hip Hop class, one jazz class, and a separate choreography class
Modern: one modern class, one ballet classes, and a separate choreography class
A competitive dancer will have:
A commitment to:
- Travel to Terrace to participate in the festival.
- Attend extra rehearsals.
- Take exams (ballet, jazz).
- Take part in the Seafest Parade.
- Participate in extra events/ community performances.
- Be an example student: with exemplary grooming, behavior and attendance.
- To take the required classes **please see above.
An opportunity to:
- Perform at the Terrace festival and perhaps at community events.
- Multiple use of costumes and choreography.
- Travel as a team, work as a team, dance as a team.
- Win bursaries and scholarships from Festivals, competitions and Examination Boards.
- Perform as a soloist and duet.